A whole week off of work.
I will get the whole house deep cleaned and organized, everything will have a place and a plastic tub.
I will exercise and cook a lot of healthy food for our freezer.
That is what I thought would happen. Really I did. I also had some cute decor projects that would make "grandma's house" a little more chic... but the time old cliche still rings true... "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".
Right now as I am relishing in my last few hours of freedom I look around our apartment and I can tell you:
I do have a few projects started, but nothing finished.
I need a million more plastic tubs to organize all of the junk I have
and my freezer has a ton of free space.
This weekend Kyle and I watched Eat, Pray, Love (I wouldn't suggest it) it really was a slow paced, small plot film. But watching it wasn't a total waste of time, this is what I gleaned: we need to enjoy our time here on earth, i don't always have to be cleaning something, helping someone or planning my next big adventure. It's okay to take a moment to meditate, to do nothing, (but really only a moment). Also I don't have to have a full explanation of who I am and my cause right now, I can spend a lifetime defining myself, not to prove to someone else, but to discover what I am about.
Also I will say this. I might not have been productive in my home, but I did spend time with the lonely, help clean other peoples houses, kiss a child's cheek, go thrift store shopping with my grandpa, watch my sisters dance and play sports and held hands with my sweet husband.
Anywho, Kyle and I and the Parentals went to the MoTab Christmas Concert today. It was phenomenal. David Archuletta sang like an Angel, Mike and Kristen were delightful (and becoming more Wouden-ish, we had a great after concert debate) and Michael York brought a few stories to life!
So this week my plans are to be more productive that last week!
No comments:
Post a Comment