If only they had Prom for 20 somethings like me. I would go and dance the night away.... but since they don't, I get to live through my little sisters.
They don't think so but I bet they are some of the coolest girls in school. Twins (always a cool factor), beautiful, and talented. Joni is the Jr Drill Mistress (or something like that) and Amy is a jumping and flipping cheerleader. They are way cool.
Saturday was an extremely busy day. We had my Opa's funeral, which was lovely, and then the Murray High Prom.
PS they literally PROMENADE. Who knew?
Anywho they asked me to do their hair and makeup. Little Laura and cousin Hailey helped. But just as Joni put on her dress, Amy pulls out the acetone to fix her nails and.... you can guess the rest of the story. Joni about to cry, mom freaking out, and me not knowing what to do. Not to mention Jonis date shows up 5 minutes after the big spill.
Amy was so sad, she didn't even want to go anymore, but after a little talking and a spoonful of sugar, everything was better.
The girls looked beautiful and I am proud to call them my sisters (but really Amy, quit slouching in pictures!)
Also here we are at Opa's funeral (which he strickly ordered no crying, he wanted a party and had Oma take us all out to dinner).
3 comments:
Just a couple of problems. You're married, which means you can't have crushes on teenagers. Not to mention a little old for them. And you would miss your wonderful husband too much.
Your sisters look beautiful in their dresses... I couldn't even see the acetone hole (or spot, depending on the material :) I sometimes wish I could go to dances too, but only for the dress up factor and the excitement... not the actual dancing. I am sorry to hear about your grandpa, but it sounds like your are taking it well. Thats how it should be. It is sad to see them go but they really are in a better place getting things ready for you. You look really pretty Amanda. And I agree with Kyle, you would miss him ;)
I remember Prom as consisting of waking up to do a day activity, then going home and getting ready. Date picks me up to go to dinner then show up at the dance and stand in a HUGE line for pictures. Stand around at the dance for 5 minutes, then take off for the night activity....Lame! Oh yeah, and you have to be way creative to ask someone. Of course I loved it then, but now that I'm older, Prom in real life is not how it was in Grease....
Post a Comment