Saturday, August 23, 2008

Showers and Fairs





Ky and I had an absolutely wonderful weekend! I have been planning on throwing my sister-in-law Eden a baby shower for a while. The only problem--nearly impossible to get off of work. Turns out someone else needed to switch me so it worked out great.

I was really happy with how the shower turned out and I may say Eden Scored in the gift section. I get worried out these sort of things so I had a hard time sleeping the night before, Kyle was cutting logs with in 5 minutes of me coming home.

He was a big help though. He cut up alot of the fruit ( while watching the olympics I might add), brought all the chairs up a flight of stairs, and loaded the car.

During the shower Ky, the bro-inlaws and my lil brother played b-ball while the girls ate fruit, cucumber sandwiches and cream puffs.

After the shower we headed over to somehthiing that my husband has been talking about for at least a year... the Box Elder County Fair. I have to admit it was quite big and fun. I wish that I was wearing my contacts so that I could get a better look at all of the cool things. Different from the dear to my heart SL Co fair... different but not better.

Best part spending time at Kyles house in Tremonton. Kyle seems to come alive when he sees the people he knows and the land that he loves. Hopefully one day we can live the easy-going country style life.

This morning my cute mother in law made us a killer breakfast with my fave hasbrowns and bacon. I don't know why but I have never been that great at making hashbrowns. I guess that I just want them in my tummy so bad that I turn them way to fast.

We then spent a while picking fruit from their orchard. I want to learn to can and so I hope that grandma will help me because we have 5 grocery bags full of peaches.

Unfortunatly we had to say good bye to treetown all too soon and left around noon. I wish that we could have spent more time with Kys family but work calls and I run

1 comment:

Day by Day Design said...

Love the Hats!!! I need a cowboy hat real bad!! :)