Friday, July 6, 2012

Youth Conference--Filmore, UT

Kyle is in the Young Men, I'm in the Young Women and we LOVE it!
We went to Youth Conference about 2 weeks ago and had a blast.
Never have I sweat more in my life, but we had a blast!

Our ward went to the Building Zion's Youth Camp in Filmore, Utah.  It was the first territorial capital. Then they realized there was nothing but desert out there, and diverting the Sever river sounded like way too much work, so they moved the capitol to SLC.

We have the best youth in our ward (including my little sisters)!
We cut wood, built log cabins, made bread and learned about the past.  One of my favorite parts was the Pioneer dance!  Kyle even stepped out and dosey-doed with me!

But my favorite part was the testimony meeting.
I laughed out loud when one of the teachers said "I never knew Kyle was so much fun" And I cried when my sister Laura said she wished the twins were there and that she knows the church is true.  It was really special to hear Kyle's testimony. I want to bottle up those feelings but I can't.  I guess I will just have to keep living and doing the best that I can.

I am so grateful for our pioneer ancestors that sacrificed so much to build Zion, do you think we can help keep the dream alive?





1 comment:

bobandhaley said...

Amanda, I loved reading and seeing pictures from your cruise. I am super jealous. Looks like you guys had so much fun!