Saturday, May 9, 2009

Race for the Cure






Thats right... i did run in the race for the cure.

Imagine 18 thousand other people running with you.



I was more toward the front of the group when we began... then we came to a hill and i walked up it (I know pansy) and i saw about a thousand people run past me.



But don't worry down hill was very motivating.




While I was running, I was tearing up. There were so many people who were running in memory of a mother, sister or best friend and I just can't handle sadness. I tried not to look at the little kids.



Kyle was cute and came down. i left him at the starting line. It took him longer to find the finish line... than for me to run 3.2 miles! But in his defense... he did see Kyle Korver and was probably really excited.

3 comments:

Jesse and Karli Munns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jesse and Karli Munns said...

Hey this is Jesse here is our blog

Rachel Lacy said...

Ditto! I did the race too! I wish I would have known you were there we could have walked up the hill together! lol Brock had the same problem as Kyle, he couldn't find the finish line. He said next time I have to wear bright blue to make me stand out because he couldnt find me among the pink and white flood. Wasn't it amazing though? I was totally tearing up as well. What a good cause...good for you for participating!