Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May Day~


Can you believe it is May already!  I love it!  I love coming home to the crisp, almost warm weather and seeing the cute neighbor kids out playing together.  I love to see them throw the play box sand, and chase each other.  I love their little squeals and their mother's sweet voices reminding them to play kindly. 

Right now Kyle and I live in a tiny apartment, we locals like to call the Village.  I hear some people complain about the tight quarters, or the foreign smells but I honestly love living here.  I guess it is just because I know (or like to think) that one day we will have a bigger house (more than 500 sq feet) that I will have to try to keep clean.  I love that I can hear Kyle breathing no matter where I am in our house, and that I can turn the heat up as high as I want, I am glad I have a place to call home.

Today I came home to kyle studying on the card table in the living room.  The card table took up the whole living room!  I can only imagine how hard it is to keep your mind to studying when there is a TV, computer and telephone all within an arms reach.

His last final is on Thursday and I know that he just can't wait, wish him luck!

2 comments:

Celeste said...

I feel the same way about living in the village. It really is the perfect place to live. I wouldn't mind a little warmer weather though ;)

Rachel Lacy said...

Ha ha ha your post made me laugh. We feel the same way. I know someday when we are living in our huge house with lots of fun toys (dripping in sarcasm) we are going to miss our cute little apartment in the Village!