Sunday, May 30, 2010

That's Mister Mom to you!

Some might say I'm getting a little culture. Others would say I'm getting soft. But whatever you choose to call it, it made for a much happier wife. First of all, I have been dying to make a dish I loved in Guate for Dolly to try--essentially black re-fried beans and fried plantains. It is awesome. This week I decided to finally make it for her. The only problem is, she liked it so much she wants those black beans for every meal! I guess there are less-healthy things we could eat.

If making her dinner wasn't enough I also decided to get a start on the laundry. I hate doing laundry and usually can get away with waiting for her to need to do it. She usually runs out of clean clothes before me since I wear the same gym shorts and t-shirt every day. I know I'm disgusting. Hopefully nothing comes out smaller than when it went in!

Another first is I even decided to post a blog. Dolly has been after me for weeks about blogging but I have always come up with good excuses for not doing so.

And if all that wasn't enough I even let her talk me into helping her babysit the neighbors two kids while the mom went to a work meeting. And this is after our niece decided the front closet was better than being close to me! I vowed never to babysit again...alone that is. She kept the little ones in check this time.


Amanda-
  I do have to say that most of this is true... except for keeping the kids in check.  Kyle did all of the work and the kids LOVE him.  Prime example is today I sat between Kyle and this cute Mom in Sunday School and passed the baby back and forth the whole time, baby couldn't decide who she liked better, Mom or Kyle.
It is always so fun to see Kyle interact with children (because he claims he is scared of them) but he always does a great job!

No comments: